Title: Chief Financial Officer
Description: The Chief Financial Officer position is responsible for executive oversight and leadership over a comprehensive financial management program which includes the Office of Budget and the Office of Accounting. Other responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for ensuring the effective operation of the budget and financial management process.
- The proper utilization of and accounting for agency resources, and the up-to-date information on status of program funds.
- Serves as the principal consultant and advisor to the Maritime Administrator, as well as, management at all levels of the agency on financial matters, including the availability of appropriations and allocation of program funds.
- Knowledge of, and experience with the CFO Act, the Government Performance and Results Act, Circular A-11 and the Federal Budget Process including end-to-end Federal budget process, compliance with FFMIA, FMFIA, OMB Circular A-123, and all federal financial practices and principles.
- Experience with multiple fund types including various appropriations, working capital/revolving funds, credit/loan accounts and in addressing and resolving complex budget formulation and budget execution issues.
- Experience in addressing and resolving complex financial audit issues and findings.
- Program Management experience in successfully leading a major program to ensure cost, schedule and technical performance goals are met. This includes connecting program requirements with budgetary resources and analysis of program goals and legislative mandates as well as demonstrated experience in managing complex issues with senior Administration officials and professional staff in Congress.
- Other executive requirements and procedures for applying are listed in the vacancy announcement MARAD-SES-2007-1 which can be obtained from the USAJOBS web link at http://jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov.