"The events of recent years have demonstrated that we live in a period of accelerating change and unprecedented uncertainty. From the perspective of the federal government, these events shed stark light on the true costs of the decades-long rise of stove-piped organizational structures, outdated decision-making procedures, and strategic planning processes that often are fragmented even across agencies with clearly linked strategic goals. In many ways, these same strategic planning processes are still focused on 'fighting the last war' rather than preparing for the unforeseen challenges ahead.
From the chief financial officer's perspective, these developments make it clear that effective financial management increasingly requires foresight, agility, and the ability to plan proactively and effectively across agency boundaries. Furthermore, in order to capture the true benefits of budget-performance integration, the government requires an increasingly unified view of its challenges and opportunities, and the tools available across the government to meet them.
Project Horizon brings together senior executives from global affairs agencies and the National Security Council to conduct long-term, interagency strategic planning.
Project Horizon is jointly funded and governed by these participating organizations: the Agriculture, Commerce, Defense, Energy, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, Labor, State, and Treasury departments, and the Environmental Protection Agency, Office of the Director of National Intelligence, Millennium Challenge Corp., National Defense University and Agency for International Development. The National Security Council is also an active participant. "
- January 8, 2015 - AGA Federal Financial Systems Summit (FSS) - Washington, DC
- February 11-12, 2015 - AGA National Leadership Training - Washington, DC
- May 4-5, 2015 - Government Performance Summit 2015 - Washington, DC
- June 3, 2015 - AGA Federal CFO-CIO Summit - Washington, DC
- July 12-15 - AGA Professional Development Training - Nashville, TN
- September 15-16 - AGA Internal Control & Fraud Prevention Training - Washington, DC